Our company is taking progressive construction management to the next level with a completely open book experience. We take great pride in our craft, and are focused on delivering well-executed, exquisitely built projects for our clients.
We are excited to work with clients and architects who value our vision for a better, user-friendly process, in which information is always current and shared between the project team members, and smart, proactive project planning paves the way for delivering on promises.
With many years of experience in the field, each person at Design Line brings a broad professional capacity and a positive, dedicated demeanor to their work—with valuable insights regarding feasibility and building performance.
Our 21st century tool belt features cloud-based project management and communication tools that bring clarity and full, real-time access to the construction process for our clients and their teams.
These secure systems are easy to use and always up to date, providing the technology and information needed to collaborate seamlessly, to enhance productivity and to regulate decision-making, quality, schedule and cost throughout the course of your project. All Design Line projects benefit from the efficiencies of these resources.
This cloud-based construction management application is a user-friendly cache for documentation and a conduit for team sharing in real-time, accessible at a click via desktop and mobile apps. Procore’s agile, interactive organizational system greatly streamlines workflow and communications by reducing manual document handling, preparation, maintenance and tracking, and automating distribution of up-to-the-minute information.more
Some of the efficiencies gained by Procore include:
- Project meeting agendas and comprehensive meeting minutes are issued through Procore, with a complete log always available for review. Minutes are instantaneously published at each meeting’s close, and automatically track previous open items, to help all team members understand critical decisions and steps in the pipeline.
- Procore’s drawing storage automatically collates the most recent pages from all plan sets. Clickable links embedded in the plans take you to related documents and specifications.
- All project submittals and RFIs are automatically logged in to the system, with a responsible party identified and a tracking feature for open items; searchable by keyword, responsible party and due date, and automatically issued via email.
- A photo log of your project is continually updated on Procore, from which we email you a Friday photo ‘tour’ to celebrate the week’s jobsite activity.
- At the close of the project, DLC assembles a project binder to accompany our move-in walkthrough, which draws from your Procore cache, and includes a directory, procedures and instructions.
Our company’s accounting is run on Spectrum, which enables review of your budget in detail on the spot. This highly useful interface provides fast reporting with an awareness of overall budget trends, to maintain realistic expectations for the project’s trajectory as decisions are made.more
Some of the ways Spectrum benefits our clients include:
- Our budgets are built with costs divided by area. We are happy to go beyond the basic breakout for site, shell and interior to provide costs categorized into any pre-determined categories that make sense for you. We can easily drill down to report on budget proportions relative to specific areas, such as 2nd floor, landscape and steel. This approach and functionality can be a significant help to owners and their teams when making design decisions in pre-construction and determining where priorities lie along the way.
- A Work-in-Progress (WIP) report is produced monthly, showing all costs incurred to date and includes a projected cost to complete for every line item in the project.
- Clear budget summary reports are easily produced for high-level review. Our budget detail sheets literally count everything on your project, down to the screws, bolts, washers and nails. They also show all the subcontractor bids we’ve solicited and how those estimates compare to the budget value we carry in the control estimate.
Building a detailed schedule is critical to executing a successful project. By identifying each task and sub-task that lies ahead, we are able to anticipate when team members, subcontractors, vendors, consultants and items will be needed on site, and when decisions need to be made. With permits in hand, the carefully planned building schedule goes into effect, orchestrating the work as the project progresses. Real-time costs are tracked within the Primavera schedule for ease of cross-referencing.
Our service mindset doesn’t stop when a project ends. We understand the unique requirements of maintaining and managing luxury residences, and are committed to the care that our clients’ homes require.
Led by a dedicated Service Project Manager, we provide a routine maintenance program that takes care of the regular check-ups, fine tuning and seasonal tasks necessary to keep systems and fixtures in good working order. We also provide repairs, home improvements and upgrades to protect our clients’ investments and support their evolving needs.
These Concierge Construction Services offer the same well-organized project management process, attention to detail and personalized service that our team of construction professionals devotes to larger jobs. It’s our goal to provide clients with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that it’s just as important to us as it is to them that their properties remain in optimal condition.